When you date a gluten-free vegetarian you have to like salad. It’s easy to get sick of lettuce too, so when we had this amazing barley and pomegranate salad on the weekend at a BBQ I was blown away.
By gosh, was it delish. We had to go before I could grab the recipe, but I think, *think* this was what’s in it:
- 1.5 cups of wholegrain barley, washed, and then boiled for 35-40 minutes in 5 cups of water. You could also probably soak it overnight in 3 cups of water and lime juice and then quickly cook it off. Don’t soak or boil it for too long or you’ll end up with mush. Let it cool down before you serve it.
- A block of good, strong, Greek goat feta, cut into cubes, or crumpled. 1cm Cubes would look better with the round pomegranate seeds
- The seeds from three pomegranates, or more if you’ve got heaps. Go nuts.
- Juice from two limes
- A tablespoon of olive oil
- A good handful of roughly chopped coriander
- A cup of mint leaves
- Pine nuts, if you want
Put the ingredients in a bowl.